First Home Owners (New Homes) Grant
The First Home Owner Grant (FHOG) offers home buyers a one-off grant designed to help first home buyers to enter the property market. When you buy or build your first home, a $10,000 FHOG can be available to you if certain criteria are met. It can be used in addition to other government exemptions or concessions for eligible home buyers.
Through the FHOG, your first new home can be a house, townhouse, apartment, unit, or similar that is newly built, purchased off the plan, or substantially renovated. However, the purchase price must not exceed $600,000. To be eligible for this grant, you must:
- be at least 18 years old
- be a first home buyer as a person, not as a company or trust
- at least one applicant must be a permanent resident or Australian citizen
- you or your spouse, partner, or co-purchaser must not have previously owned a home before 1 July 2000
- must occupy your first home as your principal place of residence within 12 months of the construction or purchase of your home and the minimum period of occupancy is six continuous months
- you and/or your spouse, partner, or co-purchaser must be receiving this grant under the FHOG Act 2000 in any State or Territory for the first time (unless subsequently repaid)
As the eligibility criteria differ according to state, you should contact your state government to confirm the requirements and inquire about the specific benefits offered. To find out more on FHOG and how you can apply, please refer here.
Discover Your Inner-City Sanctuary With West Village
The FHOG scheme gives individuals and families who previously never owned property a financial boost with the one-off payment grant, enabling them to save thousands on the cost of their first property.
West Village’s 40-storey tower in the heart of Parramatta, with its expansive panoramic views of Harbour Bridge and the Blue Mountains, features sophistically designed 1 to 3-bedroom apartments. West Village also offers a beautifully manicured courtyard and roof gardens, giving you a private sanctuary in the city centre, all minutes away from the city’s top restaurants and retail and transport hub.
By making use of the government assistance grants and schemes, you can make your dreams of homeownership a reality and take advantage of the resources available to you. If you are a first home buyer looking for a combination of modernity, sophistication, privacy, and access to all social and retail delights, then West Village is the choice for you. Contact us today to find out how you can own your dream home with West Village.
*Terms & Conditions apply.
Display Opening Hours
Monday – Friday: 10am-5pm
Saturday: By appointment only
West Village Display Suite
Shop 1/88, Church St, Parramatta, NSW 2150, Sydney Australia